The Responsible Recycling (“R2”) Standard for Electronics Recyclers
- The Responsible Recycling (“R2”) Standard for Electronics Recyclers
- R2: 2013 – R2 is the premier global environmental, worker health and safety standard for the electronics refurbishing and recycling industry. Over 500 facilities currently are R2 certified in 17 countries. As an R2:2013 certified electronics recycler since 2013, you can be assured that 3R Technology will manage your electronic materials in the most responsible, environmental friendly, safest, and sustainable manner.
- This document – the R2:2013 Standard – establishes responsible recycling (“R2”) practices for the recycling of electronics globally. By certifying to this Standard through an accredited thirdparty Certification Body, electronics recyclers can help prospective purchasers of their services (customers) make informed decisions and have increased confidence that used and end-of-life electronic equipment are managed in an environmentally responsible manner, protective of the health and safety of workers and the public, and that all data on all media devices is secure until destroyed. Thus, certification to R2:2013 allows electronics recyclers to highlight their value to customers, employees, their community and the public.
ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Certification
- ISO 45001:2018 is applicable to any organization that wishes to establish, implement and maintain an OH&S management system to improve occupational health and safety, eliminate hazards and minimize OH&S risks (including system deficiencies), take advantage of OH&S opportunities, and address OH&S management system nonconformities associated with its activities.
- ISO 45001:2018 helps an organization to achieve the intended outcomes of its OH&S management system. Consistent with the organization's OH&S policy, the intended outcomes of an OH&S management system include: a) continual improvement of OH&S performance; b) fulfillment of legal requirements and other requirements; c) achievement of OH&S objectives.
- ISO 45001:2018 is applicable to any organization regardless of its size, type and activities. It is applicable to the OH&S risks under the organization's control, taking into account factors such as the context in which the organization operates and the needs and expectations of its workers and other interested parties.
- ISO 45001:2018 does not state specific criteria for OH&S performance, nor is it prescriptive about the design of an OH&S management system.
- ISO 45001:2018 enables an organization, through its OH&S management system, to integrate other aspects of health and safety, such as worker wellness/wellbeing.
- ISO 45001:2018 does not address issues such as product safety, property damage or environmental impacts, beyond the risks to workers and other relevant interested parties.
- ISO 45001:2018 can be used in whole or in part to systematically improve occupational health and safety management. However, claims of conformity to this document are not acceptable unless all its requirements are incorporated into an organization's OH&S management system and fulfilled without exclusion.
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 14001:2015 specifies the requirements for an environmental management system that an organization can use to enhance its environmental performance. ISO 14001:2015 is intended for use by an organization seeking to manage its environmental responsibilities in a systematic manner that contributes to the environmental pillar of sustainability.
ISO 14001:2015 helps an organization achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system, which provide value for the environment, the organization itself and interested parties. Consistent with the organization's environmental policy, the intended outcomes of an environmental management system include:
· enhancement of environmental performance;
· fulfilment of compliance obligations;
· achievement of environmental objectives.
- ISO 14001:2015 is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, products and services that the organization determines it can either control or influence considering a life cycle perspective. ISO 14001:2015 does not state specific environmental performance criteria.
- ISO 14001:2015 can be used in whole or in part to systematically improve environmental management. Claims of conformity to ISO 14001:2015, however, are not acceptable unless all its requirements are incorporated into an organization's environmental management system and fulfilled without exclusion.
Recognition by NJ Department of Environmental Protection
- Magnum Recognized By NJ Department of Environmental Protection
- Magnum Computer would like to thank the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection for recognizing our efforts to keep the environment safe and clean for everyone. Thank you for this award!